Crashes are no accidents. Anyone can Drive With Care.
- Take the Drive With Care Pledge And then tell your friends to take it.
- Obey all stop signs and red lights. 30% of all 2007 traffic fatalities involved a driver disobeying a signal.
- Follow the speed limit. 51% of all 2007 fatalities resulted from speeding.
- Yield to all pedestrians. This might even mean stopping for them! Illinois law requires that drivers yield to all people in crosswalks – even mid-block crosswalks
- Stay focused. 80% of drivers reported distracted driving as a leading cause of crashes in 2007
- Drive less. When fewer cars are out there, the number of crashes decreases, too.